There is a ton of life wisdom to be learned from this tremendous human being. This 10 minute video is great to watch when you are feeling down, or just need a little nudge to keep life in perspective.
Some themes from Dr. Randy Paush’s Last Lecture
- What were your childhood dreams?
- Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.
- Old school football coach on Jim Graham: “He rode you pretty hard….because he cares.”
- The brick walls that are in our way are there to show how much you want it!
- Have a sense of fun and wonder! Choose to have fun.
- Let your kids paint the walls!
- A good apology has 3 parts: I’m sorry. It was my fault. How do I make it right?
- Gratitude is a simple and powerful thing.
- Above all: Don’t feel sorry yourself, despite the most trying of circumstances. Attitude is a choice. You can spend your time complaining, or you can spend it playing the game hard!
And if you have the time and want to watch the full “Last lecture,” here it is. It is well worth it.